If you fall into one of the following categories you will not have to pay for your sight test and may be eligible for a grant towards the cost of your spectacles:
- You are under 16 years of age or a full-time student aged 16-18 years.
- You are over 60 years of age.
- You, or your partner, receive Income Support, Income Based Jobseekers’ Allowance, Pension, Credit Guarantee or Tax Credit.
- You are name on an HC2 certificate.
- You are registered blind or partially sighted.
- You are diagnosed with diabetes or suffer from, or are at risk from, glaucoma.
- You are over 40 and are the parent, sibling, or child of a person diagnosed with glaucoma.
- You are a prisoner on leave.
- You have been prescribed complex lenses.
If you are entitled under 1, 3, 5 or 9 you will receive a voucher to help with the cost of spectacles. Under entitlement 4 you may also be entitled to a grant for this purpose. Grant levels vary according to the type of lens and its strength.
Other grants may be available for different lenses and for authorised repairs and replacements.
Please feel free to contact us for further information. Our team will be able to help with any queries.